+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR in Canada

jassibrar

Mar 17, 2009
Hello

I am residing in Canada on student visa and want to marry some one just to get PR. I just want to know is that :

Will that guy be stuck for 3 years and would not be able to sponsor or marry some one else for the next three years ?
How long it takes for the whole process?
Are there any other conditions or norms ?

Thank you
Jess

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look into PNP international graduate or CEC to get PR instead.

Immigration will ask you a lot of intimate questions you probably wont be able to answer and you will be stuck in limbo while they send your file to local office for the next year or 3 or if you do outland, for at last a year while you do an appeal. The guy will be stuck continuing the facade for at least that long.

If you do get approved for PR, it will take at least a year to get divorced and the guy can not sponsor somebody else for 3 years after you become PR, also if something happens to you and you need to go on social assistance or disability, he will have to pay the government back for every cent they give to you, even if you are divorced at that point.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
The questions are VERY TOUGH,Sample from 1 case I helped.SEPARATELY INTERVIEWED What did you do on your first date?Favorite Breakfast Food?Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?How many times a day does your partner poop?What Times?Does your Partner snore?What does your partner wear to bed??Favorite Fast Food?Partners Shoe size??How much a week do you spend on Groceries??Partners Brother and Sisters Names???Get the drift

chow

Sep 23, 2008
jassibrar said:
Hello

I am residing in Canada on student visa and want to marry some one just to get PR. I just want to know is that :

Will that guy be stuck for 3 years and would not be able to sponsor or marry some one else for the next three years ?
How long it takes for the whole process?
Are there any other conditions or norms ?

Thank you
Jess
Best of luck. If you are in Canada for more than a year you might have chances to apply for PR yourself.