+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Permanent residence

dynamo45

Mar 5, 2010
Hello All,

Hoping that someone can help clear up a question for us.
My girlfriend has lived in Canada for 6 years now. She has an open work visa, and she was just sent a letter from CIC regarding her
application for permanent residence. She has an interview on Feb 12th, but from the language of the letter, it appears that she has been granted a PR . My question is this, after she is granted PR, does she have to exit Canada, then return in order for Customs to do their thing? Some people say you have to exit Canada, even for 10 mins, then return...others say you don't have to exit.
She is Not a skilled worker if this helps with an answer. My thanks in advance for your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dynamo45 said:
Hello All,

Hoping that someone can help clear up a question for us.
My girlfriend has lived in Canada for 6 years now. She has an open work visa, and she was just sent a letter from CIC regarding her
application for permanent residence. She has an interview on Feb 12th, but from the language of the letter, it appears that she has been granted a PR . My question is this, after she is granted PR, does she have to exit Canada, then return in order for Customs to do their thing? Some people say you have to exit Canada, even for 10 mins, then return...others say you don't have to exit.
She is Not a skilled worker if this helps with an answer. My thanks in advance for your time.
It sounds like a "landing interview", if so then she would be "landed" at that time. It depends on what category she applied under.

BYCO

Jan 21, 2014
Saudi Arabia
I received my PR Card in March 2012 and came back to my home country.
Now I want to re-enter in June 2014.
I have been out of Canada for more than 2 years. Can re-enter Canada??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BYCO said:
I received my PR Card in March 2012 and came back to my home country.
Now I want to re-enter in June 2014.
I have been out of Canada for more than 2 years. Can re-enter Canada??
Yes, in order to keep your PR, you need to be in Canada 2/5 years. That means you can be outside for up to 3.