+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport doesnot have given name whereas there is mandatory field "Given name" for evisa

Buddha13

Apr 21, 2019
Hello,

i was wondering if anyone face this challenge like me i got Canadian citizenship and my passport has surname but no given name. however for all regular or e-visa application for INDIA i see "Given name is Mandatory" field.

i reached out to BLS they said put given name "XXX" as given name, where other folks telling me when i called again to e-visa helpline to put surname as given name. i am confused. i don't want to get trouble when i board or arrive after getting visa.

let me know if any one face this issue. i got to know recently Canada passport has stopped putting XXX in given before they were putting XXX and that new thing.

Thanks in Advance.

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
Hello,

i was wondering if anyone face this challenge like me i got Canadian citizenship and my passport has surname but no given name. however for all regular or e-visa application for INDIA i see "Given name is Mandatory" field.

i reached out to BLS they said put given name "XXX" as given name, where other folks telling me when i called again to e-visa helpline to put surname as given name. i am confused. i don't want to get trouble when i board or arrive after getting visa.

let me know if any one face this issue. i got to know recently Canada passport has stopped putting XXX in given before they were putting XXX and that new thing.

Thanks in Advance.
Hey what did you do

NewMember57

May 31, 2018
Hey what did you do
Hello,

Thanks in Advance.
What did you do for this? I have the same issue. Please let me know.

gurinder88

Dec 20, 2023
Hi Did you have any update on this? please share we urgently need help here

Hello,

Thanks in Advance.