+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Marrying a Jamaican

Jul 28, 2013
Hello. I am from Canada, and my boyfriend is from Jamaica. We have decided to have a civil court wedding in a few months (In Jamaica). I wanted to know the process, cost, and things needed to do when dealing with a "court wedding". I have read the process online but so many websites are saying so many different things, to where it is becoming confusing and I do not know which ones are authentic. Thank you for your help.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
What kind of information are you looking for? I can help you out. Also we have a Jamaica section on here if you want to look for immigration answers on there

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kingstonjamaica-t29680.0.html

Sammy :)

Jul 28, 2013
I went on that page previously, but I was not too sure where to write my comment. Do i just "reply" to any message on the page? With my situation I was wondering what the process was, what the cost would be and documents we would need in order to have the "court wedding".

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MitchellBlackz said:
I went on that page previously, but I was not too sure where to write my comment. Do i just "reply" to any message on the page? With my situation I was wondering what the process was, what the cost would be and documents we would need in order to have the "court wedding".
Yes just hit reply and post your questions on there

Here is what is needed to get married in Jamaica. Also note you will need to Benin the island for at least 24 hours before you get married.

Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you take a blood test before getting married. However, notoarised copies of the following documents are required:

Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father's name.

Parent's written consent if under 18 years of age.

Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).

Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.

Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and have a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.

Also you will need to obtain a marriage license while there and bring to the court house when you get married. After the wedding you will need to apply for your marriage certificate on Spanish Town and I will take a week or more to get it my advise is to get 2 copies of it. One for your spouse to keep an one for you to keep and also photocopy to send in with your application

From what I remember the cost of marriage license was about 50.00 or there about. You will also need to pay for the civil service. That I am not sure of the cost but you can find a rough amount of you google it

Hope this helps you a bit.

Also a hit of advise. Try and have some family there and take pictures. Looks better on your application. If no one can be there still take pictures and just explain on your application why family or friends weren't there

Let me know if you need anymore info

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.