+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Job Bank and Express Entry --> CONFUSED : PLEASE HELP

sidd2024

Aug 6, 2014
Hello All,

Can you help me understand a few things about Canadian Job bank because I am confused to how it works.

1. First of all there are no Jobs posted on Canadian job bank website. All there is are links to other job websites in Canada. So if I have to apply for these jobs, do I have to create a profile on all those job websites ?

2. Lets say I get a interview call from a prospective employer in Canada, then do I have to explain to him that he needs to get a positive LMIA, then offer me a job, then I will update my EE profile, then get a PR and then come work for him :eek: :'( ??? ? All this will take about 6 months. How and why will a Canadian employer wait for me for 6 months ? I don't understand this process well. Can you please explain.

pranaEE2015

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/01/2016
Doc's Request.
20/01/2016
Nomination.....
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
19/01/2016
IELTS Request
L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-7
Med's Request
20/01/2016
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
sidd2024 said:
Hello All,

Can you help me understand a few things about Canadian Job bank because I am confused to how it works.

1. First of all there are no Jobs posted on Canadian job bank website. All there is are links to other job websites in Canada. So if I have to apply for these jobs, do I have to create a profile on all those job websites ?
Yes, you will have to individually create a profile or you could choose to apply without registering if the website permits. The Jobbank is a wonderful platform that lists all jobs in one repository.

2. Lets say I get a interview call from a prospective employer in Canada, then do I have to explain to him that he needs to get a positive LMIA, then offer me a job, then I will update my EE profile, then get a PR and then come work for him :eek: :'( ??? ? All this will take about 6 months. How and why will a Canadian employer wait for me for 6 months ? I don't understand this process well. Can you please explain.
Congrats on your interview call. Just kidding. If you get a interview call and when you have reached the offer stage, the employer would suggest the best course. Whether to go for LMIA or not would be their call. And as far as waiting is concerned, they may call you on another work visa.
This is just my thought, others who are better informed, may please reply as well!!
+1 if this helps!