+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class PR refused

Sep 18, 2024
Hello,

Can anyone please help me understand why my express entry CEC PR application was rejected and if I can apply for a reconsideration request. The reason for rejection is stated below.

"Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer
for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if,
following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets
the requirements of this Act.
In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence
to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at
the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national
did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the
qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph
10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.

Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
permanent residence is received.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you
indicated you possess CRS points for the following Canadian Work Experience:

• 2021/09 to 2022/10 - Junior BIM Project Manager (NOC 21222) - at SolidCAD

Upon review of your application and submissions, including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied
that you have acquired the Canadian work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is
insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have performed the lead
statement and a substantial number of the main duties of your declared NOC 21222 for this period of
Canadian employment. As a result, I have not included it in the calculation of your CRS points. This
change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking
person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive
Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."

The only thing that comes to mind is that the employment letter did not include the responsibilities and my employer only added my job title along with a NOC code in the letter. I asked IRCC in my emails if I need to submit additional documents and they said that I do not need to send anything, and stated that the IRCC will let me know if they need anything. Can anyone please guide me if I should request a reconsideration with an updated employment letter. Please let me know anything that I should do moving forward.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Can anyone please help me understand why my express entry CEC PR application was rejected and if I can apply for a reconsideration request. The reason for rejection is stated below.

"Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer
for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if,
following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets
the requirements of this Act.
In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence
to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at
the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national
did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the
qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph
10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.

Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
permanent residence is received.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you
indicated you possess CRS points for the following Canadian Work Experience:

• 2021/09 to 2022/10 - Junior BIM Project Manager (NOC 21222) - at SolidCAD

Upon review of your application and submissions, including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied
that you have acquired the Canadian work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is
insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have performed the lead
statement and a substantial number of the main duties of your declared NOC 21222 for this period of
Canadian employment. As a result, I have not included it in the calculation of your CRS points. This
change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking
person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive
Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."

The only thing that comes to mind is that the employment letter did not include the responsibilities and my employer only added my job title along with a NOC code in the letter. I asked IRCC in my emails if I need to submit additional documents and they said that I do not need to send anything, and stated that the IRCC will let me know if they need anything. Can anyone please guide me if I should request a reconsideration with an updated employment letter. Please let me know anything that I should do moving forward.

Thank you
The employer letter needed to include responsibilities. This is a fairly basic requirement. You can try submitting a reconsideration request and adding a letter from your employer with the responsibilities however hard for any of us to say if IRCC will reopen the application. Quite possible you may need to reapply from scratch. Good luck.