+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Embassy Responsibility to Canadian taxpayers

coombes

Sep 15, 2014
I am co-owner of an IT company in Canada, the parent company to another office abroad. The location abroad has an embassy. The office abroad is a wholly owned Canadian subsidiary. We only send our employees to the head office for knowledge exchange and never to any customer sites. All our employees meet all the requirements needed to gain a business visa which does not require a work work permit. As everyone knows acceptance of a temporary visa is purely within the discretion of the assigned visa officer. Our success rate is about 30%. It does not matter how detailed the documentation is, it just depends on how much time or effort the visa officer wants to give the application. They do not have files on registered companies. Each employee is treated like they are making a personal application and the employer has no history with the office. The same employee with the same application can accepted once and rejected another time without any real explanation why. Its just a crap shoot.

My question is, what responsibility does the Canadian Embassy have to us? We are Canadians and Canadian tax payers. Our head office is a corporate tax payer. I am a Canadian taxpayer running the office in the offshore office and my partner who manages the Canadian office is also a Canadian citizen. I have reached out to the embassy over the years (since 2007) from trade, immigration to even the high commissioner herself more recently for help. All I need is a meeting to explain my situation and be provided with some guidelines and help. Trade used to at least talk to me but offered no help. The others just ignore my repeated request to meet with them and ignore any emails I send them.

What is their responsibility to serve us and where else I can I go to make them accountable?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might want to check their website and contact the minister for further enquiries.