+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Question

Mike_925

Nov 22, 2017
Hello Everyone
My name is Mike, and I am a Permanent Resident since April 14, 2016. I will be eligble on April 14, 2018 to become Citizen of Canada. Counting 1 year Max prior of getting Permanent Resident under the new rule.

My question is do I have to wait until April 14, 2018 before I could apply for Citizenship?

Thank you in Advance.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone
My name is Mike, and I am a Permanent Resident since April 14, 2016. I will be eligble on April 14, 2018 to become Citizen of Canada. Counting 1 year Max prior of getting Permanent Resident under the new rule.

My question is do I have to wait until April 14, 2018 before I could apply for Citizenship?

Thank you in Advance.
Yes you have to apply when you have 1095 completed days in canada before you apply else your application will be returned , extra buffer days are advised

Reactions: Mike_925

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Hello Everyone

Thank you in Advance.
Yes that’s the day you will be eligible to apply.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you have to meet the requirements for citizenship before you can apply for citizenship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

"Regardless of your age, you must have been physically present in Canada for at least:

• 1095 days during the five years right before the date you sign your application
You may be able to use some of your time spent in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person towards your physical presence calculation. Each day spent physically in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident within the last 5 years will count as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days, towards your physical presence."

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hello Everyone

You will be able to apply on that day as long has you have never left Canada in the 4 years preceding that date (2 years as PR and the 2 previous years as temporary resident, counting each for 50%). If you have, then you will need to wait longer. The Physical Presence Calculator will tell you exactly how long.

Mike_925

Nov 22, 2017
Yes, you have to meet the requirements for citizenship before you can apply for citizenship.

"Regardless of your age, you must have been physically present in Canada for at least:

• 1095 days during the five years right before the date you sign your application
You may be able to use some of your time spent in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person towards your physical presence calculation. Each day spent physically in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident within the last 5 years will count as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days, towards your physical presence."
Thanks

Mike_925

Nov 22, 2017

Thanks