+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Work experience for remote from India

nmdsalim

Oct 2, 2023
I need some clarifications. I am in the process of submitting the Express entry profile and here is my situation.
From Nov/2021, I am staying in Canada. During this period, I travelled to India for One month vacation but unfortunately due to a delay in the visa process, stayed in India for 8 months. During these 8 months, I worked for the same Canadian employer and paid my 2021 and 2022 Canadian tax. I also have Candian pay stubs from 2021 till now. The employer also agreed to give a complete Canada experience letter without this 8-month breakup.
In this given situation,
1. Can I claim 2 years of Canadian work experience in the express entry profile?
2. Do I need to provide the break-up of my Canada entry and exist in the express entry profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need some clarifications. I am in the process of submitting the Express entry profile and here is my situation.
From Nov/2021, I am staying in Canada. During this period, I travelled to India for One month vacation but unfortunately due to a delay in the visa process, stayed in India for 8 months. During these 8 months, I worked for the same Canadian employer and paid my 2021 and 2022 Canadian tax. I also have Candian pay stubs from 2021 till now. The employer also agreed to give a complete Canada experience letter without this 8-month breakup.
In this given situation,
1. Can I claim 2 years of Canadian work experience in the express entry profile?
2. Do I need to provide the break-up of my Canada entry and exist in the express entry profile?
1. You can claim it as foreign experience, not Canadian. Canadian experience must be IN Canada. Doesn’t matter if you pay taxes or have Canadian paystubs.

Canadian skilled work experience
You must

2. You break up your work experience in and outside Canada. So you have 8 months in India.

Last edited: