+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor Visa

magid

Sep 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

Me and my wife are planning to apply for Canadian visitor visa, I have my brother in law there, and I need your help to clarify:

1- please advise if my answer to below question is correct, since I want to get the visa for as long as possible, I heard that Canadian embassy gives a 2 years vistor visa by default
-Question: "How long are you planning to stay in Canada?"
-Answer: "Temporarily - less than 6 months"

2- please advise if my answer to below question is correct, since I'm visiting my brother in law, and I've got the invitation letter from him.
-Question: "What is the main purpose of your visit?"
-Answer: "To visit family and/or friends"

3- answering a question regarding my wife, I selected below option, is this the correct one? there's another option with "Tourism Visa" which got me really confused, since we are visiting canada for both to visit my brother in law and torusim as well
-Question: "Why is your family member visiting Canada?"
-Answer: Visit - All other types

4- for the required documents, I have the following questions:

4.1 does all the documents has to be in English? since my marriage Certificate is in Arabic, and I have other documents are in Arabic as well

4.2 what kind of documents should upload for "Purpose of Travel"? it mentioned for example "Your flight ticket departing Canada" would that be sufficient?

Thanks everyone.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello everyone,

Me and my wife are planning to apply for Canadian visitor visa, I have my brother in law there, and I need your help to clarify:

1- please advise if my answer to below question is correct, since I want to get the visa for as long as possible, I heard that Canadian embassy gives a 2 years vistor visa by default

2- please advise if my answer to below question is correct, since I'm visiting my brother in law, and I've got the invitation letter from him.
-Question: "What is the main purpose of your visit?"
-Answer: "To visit family and/or friends"

3- answering a question regarding my wife, I selected below option, is this the correct one? there's another option with "Tourism Visa" which got me really confused, since we are visiting canada for both to visit my brother in law and torusim as well
-Question: "Why is your family member visiting Canada?"
-Answer: Visit - All other types

4.1 does all the documents has to be in English? since my marriage Certificate is in Arabic, and I have other documents are in Arabic as well

4.2 what kind of documents should upload for "Purpose of Travel"? it mentioned for example "Your flight ticket departing Canada" would that be sufficient?

Thanks everyone.

1- please advise if my answer to below question is correct, since I want to get the visa for as long as possible, I heard that Canadian embassy gives a 2 years vistor visa by default ---> I am not sure where you heard that, but if you get approved, Embassy would you a V1 visitor visa valid for 10 years or until the passport expiration date, whichever is early. You would only be allowed to stay upto 6 months or whatever date the officer at the port of entry will allow you to stay.(deftly less than 6 months).

4.1 does all the documents has to be in English? since my marriage Certificate is in Arabic, and I have other documents are in Arabic as well ---> All docs have to be translated in English.

4.2 what kind of documents should upload for "Purpose of Travel"? it mentioned for example "Your flight ticket departing Canada" would that be sufficient? --->Do you have good travel history to US/UK/Europe? This becomes important if you don't have one. People have gotten rejections in past for lacking a strong purpose of travel. If you do not have any strong reason like a wedding or something like that then I would suggest to include a day-by-day itinerary for the time you intend to stay in Canada. Do not confirm tickets, just reserve them (where you are not charged until few days before the trip) so you would have an option to cancel or defer.

Some other rejection reason you may want to consider;

1. Home ties/Family ties or anything strong that would convince the VO that you will return to your country of residence.
2. Financial support for the entire trip.