+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor Visa (TRV) - For Wife's brother & his family

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Hello All -

Me and my wife (we both are Canadians) are planning to invite her brother (& his family) to Canada for a visit for 2 months.

I have few questions which I need your guidance :
  1. Will it be better to choose it as "Tourist Visa" or "Family visit"
  2. Will it make case strong if we apply for wife's father & brother (& his family) together as single application with her father as primary ? (Her father is retired & not doing job now, not applying for her mother due to medical conditions and will stay back home)
  3. Will it make sense to have wife's brother (& his family) apply separately ?
  4. In case, only wife's brother (& his family) applying for TRV, invitation letter should be from me or my wife (she is homemaker).
  5. How much funds should be sufficient required for 3 or 4 application ?
  6. Document to prove relationship of my wife with her brother, can it be her birth certificate (from home country, not Canada) and brother's birth cert/passport to show the same parents) ?
Apologies for so many questions, however I feel, we have so many experienced people here on forum to guide here, so posting my queries.

Thank you so much in advance for helping me with this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All -

Me and my wife (we both are Canadians) are planning to invite her brother (& his family) to Canada for a visit for 2 months.

I have few questions which I need your guidance :
  1. Will it be better to choose it as "Tourist Visa" or "Family visit"
  2. Will it make case strong if we apply for wife's father & brother (& his family) together as single application with her father as primary ? (Her father is retired & not doing job now, not applying for her mother due to medical conditions and will stay back home)
  3. Will it make sense to have wife's brother (& his family) apply separately ?
  4. In case, only wife's brother (& his family) applying for TRV, invitation letter should be from me or my wife (she is homemaker).
  5. How much funds should be sufficient required for 3 or 4 application ?
  6. Document to prove relationship of my wife with her brother, can it be her birth certificate (from home country, not Canada) and brother's birth cert/passport to show the same parents) ?
Apologies for so many questions, however I feel, we have so many experienced people here on forum to guide here, so posting my queries.

Thank you so much in advance for helping me with this.
1. Family. How many people are applying? Two months is a very long visit so cannot prove ties to return.
2. Father includes children if under 22. If not all are separate accounts.
3. Brother and his family (spouse and children under 22) are under same account.
4. Two months is way too long. Minimum of $20k in cash as need to show funds to afford visit but not use all savings.
5. Birth certificate