+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visa

Payal S Shah

Jan 19, 2019
I have valid Indian passport but reissued it due to minor damage.
In this case , My canada visa (which otherwise expires in 2024) , is still valid ? Can I travel to Canada with that old & New reissued passport?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hello Manpreet
Can you guide me i applied online on 14 Dec and it said biometrics valid till 27 Dec 2027 but on 23dec they required my biometrics payment which i sent same day later i got bio later on 7th dec i was in USA visit that time so i gave bio on USA on 9th jan .i want to know that processing time for my application will start from 9th Jan 2019 or 23 Dec 2018 ?i am from Pakistan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Manpreet
Can you guide me i applied online on 14 Dec and it said biometrics valid till 27 Dec 2027 but on 23dec they required my biometrics payment which i sent same day later i got bio later on 7th dec i was in USA visit that time so i gave bio on USA on 9th jan .i want to know that processing time for my application will start from 9th Jan 2019 or 23 Dec 2018 ?i am from Pakistan
After 9th January

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will embassy send me confirmation of my biometrics or as they have updated my account which shows validity till 9 Jan 2029 is emoigh
The change in the validity of the biometrics is good enough. You'll need to check for any new updates in your online account

irka

Jan 21, 2019
Hello experts,
is it possible that a person with a multiple entry canadian visa actually stays in Canada almost permanently (i.e. stays for almost 6 month, leaves for a couple of days and comes back for the next 6 month period?). The visa and the passport expire in 2025.
Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello experts,
is it possible that a person with a multiple entry canadian visa actually stays in Canada almost permanently (i.e. stays for almost 6 month, leaves for a couple of days and comes back for the next 6 month period?). The visa and the passport expire in 2025.
Thanks!
No, it's not possible after a while. The person can be denied entry if CBSA feels the person is abusing visitor privileges.... or IRCC can refuse an application to extend the authorized stay

irka

Jan 21, 2019
No, it's not possible after a while. The person can be denied entry if CBSA feels the person is abusing visitor privileges.... or IRCC can refuse an application to extend the authorized stay
Thanks for the prompt answer, Bryanna. I realise that, after all, the final decision to allow or deny an entry (even with all valid documents) is up to the border officer. But, technically (according to the definition of the multiple entry visa) such situation seems to be possible?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the prompt answer, Bryanna. I realise that, after all, the final decision to allow or deny an entry (even with all valid documents) is up to the border officer. But, technically (according to the definition of the multiple entry visa) such situation seems to be possible?
A visitor is just that a visitor. S/he can be turned away at the POE.

If someone would like to stay permanently then s/he must apply for permanent residence