+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR to be continue till..?

amish

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
Dear Experts,

I am asking general question just for my knowledge.

This Canada immigration PR visa.. will be available for how many years? i.e for how many years PR visa will be available?? 5 yrs/-10 yrs? i know this things haven't defined anywhere, even cic don't know at now.. but guys any expert advise if look at to the current scenario.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi amish,

The validity of a PR status expires in five years and can be renewed before its expiry date. In order to keep the PR status valid, the person who landed with PR visa should stay in Canada for a period of 2 years within five year from the date of his/her landing.

In order to be eligible for the Canadian citizenship a PR should physically present in Canada for a period of 3 years within four year period.

For elaborate details, read respective pages of CIC website

amish

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for this information Wilson,

But my question is on another topicc, i m asking for how much time CIC will run this PR scheme? it will be continue forever, or it may be a time will come soon when they will stop issuing their PR.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi i dont think its going to end. Canada has to import more people to get country going.
Canada doesnt exist without immmigrants.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amish said:

But my question is on another topicc, i m asking for how much time CIC will run this PR scheme? it will be continue forever, or it may be a time will come soon when they will stop issuing their PR.
Only the government of Canada can tell you this, and they are not saying anything at present.

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
amish said:

Wooow!!!!!! Who knows!!!

Even "Jason Kenney" Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism can not answer your question!!!

Mari

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mari1981 said:
Wooow!!!!!! Who knows!!!

Even "Jason Kenney" Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism can not answer your question!!!

Mari
Since Immigration has been a Government function since 1867, I don't seeing ending anytime soon.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
I don't see it ending anywhere even far far in future....It will might slow down... But it's not something that will end. I am saying this because I have lived in UK for a bit and it's apparantly one of the constitution to let people come in and not support racism and support multicultyrism. i am sorry i don't really know that law in full but this what i had heard once and based on this you can see that all commonwealth countries continue to support immigration e-g. UK, CANADA, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND ALSO SOUTH AFRICA(not sure if this is in commonwealth).

Anyways, the point is it's not going to end, at least that's what I understand, but it will slow down due to different reasons.

R

rambo2011

Guys,
Some one explain what they are looking for ?

Documents Sent:Oct 7 2011
AOR received: Nov 9 2011
Medicals request: Nov 9 2011
Medicals done: Nov 18th 2011
ECAS updated: Medical results received-Dec 9th
Request for the below document: Dec 9th.....

Date: December 9, 2011

UCI: XXXXXXX
Application: EXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX XXXXXX

Email: XXXXXX.XXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Please provide an original letter from your employer addressed to us stating that you have fulfilled all obligations to them and that there will be no further financial or other cost to you should you become a permanent resident of Canada. This must be received at this office by: 01/09/2012

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – 46
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas