+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR :HIV positive help

Gustak

Aug 1, 2019
Hi ,

I want to apply for Canada PR through express entry.Yet to attend ILETS and have applied for transcript parallel.The biggest blocker for me is I am diagnosed with HIV few months back is on ART.Hope to get to undetectable status soon.I do not have TB,Syphillis or any other co infection.I see my status as blocker for teo reasons-

1.Being HIV :positive makes my chances of getting selected slim.
2.I checked and as per new procedures I have to accompany my parents for medical tests required for PR.This is big concern as I can not disclose my status to my family.

Can experts on this forum help find a way out of this.Any agencies which can facilitate solve these kinds of tricky situations.Can I get tested separate and do separate checkup for parents?
I am working in IT since past 7 years and have good payscale.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

I want to apply for Canada PR through express entry.Yet to attend ILETS and have applied for transcript parallel.The biggest blocker for me is I am diagnosed with HIV few months back is on ART.Hope to get to undetectable status soon.I do not have TB,Syphillis or any other co infection.I see my status as blocker for teo reasons-

2.I checked and as per new procedures I have to accompany my parents for medical tests required for PR.This is big concern as I can not disclose my status to my family.

Can experts on this forum help find a way out of this.Any agencies which can facilitate solve these kinds of tricky situations.Can I get tested separate and do separate checkup for parents?
For your first question, see the discussions here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hiv-positive-and-worried-about-my-chances-of-being-selected.576601/

Your second question is confusing. How old are you? If you are 22 or over, you have to apply on your own. Your parents will not be included in the application.

Gustak

Aug 1, 2019
On the website it mentions that even if parents are not travelling they have to undergo medical tests.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
On the website it mentions that even if parents are not travelling they have to undergo medical tests.
No, you're misreading something. If you are applying on your own your parents do not need to give medical tests. That would only be the case if you were a dependent on their application, or they were somehow included on your application.

Read the guides and forms again.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That is incorrect. You have misunderstood something. Parents are not classified as dependents and do not complete a medical.

Gustak

Aug 1, 2019
Understood...I rechecked and it's only dependents like spouse and children etc..Thanks for clarifying.

Zolti

Jan 5, 2020
Hi ,

Hi ,

Dude did you get it? Give us the update so that it is helpful for others. If you seek help here then you must also respond with your updates.