+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Passport Application - Mailing in from the US

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hi All,

I'm looking to mail out my passport application from the US, and have few questions -
(i) For the Guarantor section, does it need to be filled out by a Canadian citizen in the US, or can I apply with a guarantor that is based out of Canada?
(ii) Is the fee (CAD 260) charged on the date the application is processed by them, or when the passport is printed/ready to be mailed out?
(iii) What mailing address do you mail out the application to -
Passport Program
Gatineau QC K1A 0G3
Canada

OR

Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau QC J8T 8R1
Canada

(iv) Is the citizenship certificate (original) and the passport mailed out in the same package?
(v) Are the documents mailed out via overnight delivery service (FedEx, UPS, et al), and is there a means to track the documents?
(vi) Any other details to be aware of before I mail out the application?

Many thanks!
NK

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Hi All,

I'm looking to mail out my passport application from the US, and have few questions -
(i) For the Guarantor section, does it need to be filled out by a Canadian citizen in the US, or can I apply with a guarantor that is based out of Canada?
(ii) Is the fee (CAD 260) charged on the date the application is processed by them, or when the passport is printed/ready to be mailed out?
(iii) What mailing address do you mail out the application to -
Passport Program
Gatineau QC K1A 0G3
Canada

OR

Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau QC J8T 8R1
Canada

(iv) Is the citizenship certificate (original) and the passport mailed out in the same package?
(v) Are the documents mailed out via overnight delivery service (FedEx, UPS, et al), and is there a means to track the documents?
(vi) Any other details to be aware of before I mail out the application?

Many thanks!
NK
The application mentions no conditions on location of guarantor. The fee is usually deducted early in the process (if application and evidence are complete). The right address depends on your method of mailing (regular or overnight). Passport arrives separately from citizenship certificate and they are both trackable. Make sure your passport photo is according to Canada passport guidelines (i.e. avoid Walgreens, CVS and the like as they'll use the US passport specs).

Good luck.

Reactions: maverick_bigapple