+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled worker program queries

mohankumar101

Jul 9, 2014
Hi All,

I've been a silent watcher of this community for a while, since I started preparing for my visa application.

I am planning to apply for canadian Federal skilled worker category, and preparing documents this moment.

I have a problem with getting a reference letter from my current employer. I lately switched my job (before 8 months), still its a new environment, and yet I need to prove myself here, which makes me wonder if my current employer can give me a better recommendation than my previous employer.

I found from the canadian high commission checklist that I should provide reference letter from all my employers. Is it necessary?

Adding to that, I have another problem with approaching my current employer as its obvious that if I get a chance I would move out of the firm, which may lead me to an uncertain work environment.

What do you people suggest? Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Hi!

I'm not sure if I understood you clearly. If there's a problem to get a reference letter from your employer, try other evidence:
- pay stubs or checks or other evidence that you had a paid job
- copy of your employment contract
- letter from your colleague who is not your boss, it is also acceptable

You can also try to discuss this with your supervisor, tell'em you need this letter of reference to get a temporary visa to travel to Canada and return back ;)