+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada ETA application after denied USA entry

SWAN123

Sep 26, 2024
In August I had applied for my 2nd ESTA for an upcoming holiday to US however this was denied and so I had to apply for a tourist visa but this was also denied pending further investigation. There has been no further update on this so far.

I now need to travel to Canada, however, one of the questions on the ETA application is - 'have you ever been denied entry to Canada or any other country'. I of course must answer yes, but I don't know any reason as to why it has been denied.

How likely am I to have my ETA approved, after answering this question? Or am I best to hold on and wait for the US visa to be approved first?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In August I had applied for my 2nd ESTA for an upcoming holiday to US however this was denied and so I had to apply for a tourist visa but this was also denied pending further investigation. There has been no further update on this so far.

I now need to travel to Canada, however, one of the questions on the ETA application is - 'have you ever been denied entry to Canada or any other country'. I of course must answer yes, but I don't know any reason as to why it has been denied.

How likely am I to have my ETA approved, after answering this question? Or am I best to hold on and wait for the US visa to be approved first?

Thank you
You'll just have to say that you don't know why you were denied. Make sure you declare both the ESTA and visitor visa refusal. ESTAs are generally refused when the US feels there has been an abuse of the ESTA such as spending too much time in the US or a few day overstay. But since you don't know the reason I would just say you don't know.

I don't think any of us can tell you the likelihood of approval. Will depend on your full profile.