+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you appeal a refusal of temp visa extention?

oofie

Nov 14, 2015
Hey all.

You guys are always so knowledgeable, wondering if you have answers for me. I have applied to sponsor my husband, but meanwhile in most recent extension was denied today and he applied for it in June or July, so his current visa has just expired. I guess they are unaware that we applied for family class sponsorship because I hadn't mentioned it and started the application in August. I'm expecting our second child in about 4 weeks....can this be appealed???? (Even though his current visa's expired?) What do I do? Am I gonna need a lawyer for this???

Thanks in advance!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey all.

You guys are always so knowledgeable, wondering if you have answers for me. I have applied to sponsor my husband, but meanwhile in most recent extension was denied today and he applied for it in June or July, so his current visa has just expired. I guess they are unaware that we applied for family class sponsorship because I hadn't mentioned it and started the application in August. I'm expecting our second child in about 4 weeks....can this be appealed???? (Even though his current visa's expired?) What do I do? Am I gonna need a lawyer for this???

Thanks in advance!!!!
Hi

No appeal. He needs to apply for Restoration of Status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Make sure you include proof of the PR app. You really should have stated the intention to apply for sponsorship in the original extension app.

oofie

Nov 14, 2015

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
MP's can't really do much other than make enquiries with IRCC. They aren't allowed to interfere and technically speaking, as a visitor to Canada, he isn't represented by the MP.
You don't need a lawyer, unless you feel the need to contribute to their financial portfolio. You should be able to manage the forms if you applied for the PR yourself.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Should I do it myself or does it need to be handled by a lawyer? He also contacted the MP in hopes to look into it. Do you think that will aid in any way?

Thank you again
Don't bother the MP's office with this.

It is a simple application, no need for a lawyer.