+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we change status from study to work within Canada?

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2014 waheguru ne mehar kiti a
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
Hi there!!! I hope all are good!!! I m here in saskatoon.. Getting ready for the -40 degree temperature... It's still cold here but it's fine..

Come to my main question

Can a student changed his status from study to work...

What are the outcomes???

What documentation are required???

Can you tell me earlier!!! I like the study here but I have some financial problem and I know that I should not come here for study if I have a financial problem.. But anyway I had managed to reached here and I wanted a little guidance from your side.... If you can give me... It would be a great appreciation....

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
No reply.....seems no one is interested in helping.....I need help friends

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To switch to a work permit you need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job and is also able to obtain an approved LMIA. It tends to be very difficult to find employers who are willing to go through the LMIA process because it costs so much money and takes so much time. To get an approved LMIA, the employer first has to advertise the job for at least one full month to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role. Then the employer has to pay a $1,000 feel. Then the employer has to submit the LMIA application and wait for it to be approved. LMIA processing seems to be taking 2-4 months these days. If the LMIA is approved (not all are), you can then apply for a work permit.

As you can see, getting an LMIA is a great deal of work. This is why many employers can't be bothered to go through it. Even once you're here, there's no guarantee you will be able to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job and obtain an approved LMIA.

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
Thanks very much for your help....

Actually my uncle is helping me in this process. He is living in canada from last 35 years... He has 2-3 hotels here and I would get help from him...would that decrease my chances to get approved that icons here for study and now I wanted to apply for work permit...

Anyways thanks for your reply