+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can these things impact my study permit extension?

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone ,
Here I am explaining my case and want to know that , is there are any chances that I will get study permit extension application rejection on the basis of following things.Going to explain little bit in detail :

First entry to Canada : 22 December 2017 on student visa . I was accepted in Lambton college Toronto , in 2 year program .I got study permit that was valid from 22 December 2017 to 31 December 2019.I took withdraw from lambton college on 06 January 2018.

Moved to Alberta : Took admission in private college ( but having DLI number) in Calgary under vocational program HCA with full time status enrollment.Program duration was 08 January 2018 to 08 June 2018. I completed this study . (even it was less than 8 months , not eligible for PGWP).Gap of 82 days from completion of this study and starting of one year program in public college .I was not started work until 30 august 2018.

February 28 , 2018 : got offer letter from public college, Calgary for one year program starting in 30 august 2018 and end date 31 august 2019 . but I completed this in two semesters on 26 April 2019.

11 October 2018 : got offer letter from same college for another one year program starting from 2 may 2019 and end date April 27 , 2020 but I completed this in two semesters on 23 December 2019 and now waiting for completion letter that will come on 28 January 2020. Here I end with my study. Keep reading .......

MY MISTAKES :

23 January 2019 : Applied for study permit extension along with letter of acceptance ( confirmation fees $1500 payed mention on letter) when my study permit was already valid until December 31 , 2019 . Reason for applying so early was My first issued study permit has Ontario printed on it because It issued to me on Toronto airport.I applied for many jobs with this study permit but most of places like international airports they said because of security reasons , we can not take your application for job because your study permit do not has Alberta even you are studying in public college under Alberta . While I applied for study permit extension my lawyer missed my post diploma study that I was pursuing on that time in second semester, She said you already doing this study so there is no need to mention this study . She just mention my HCA study that I completed in Private college along with offer letter of program that was going to start on 2 may 2019 .( no enrollment letter attached) .Because of all these mistakes I got REDUCTION in my study permit and the study permit they issued me was from 23 march 2019 to 30 November 2019 ( First one was until 31 December 2019).

24 September 2019 : I applied for study permit extension along with enrollment letter of program that going to finish on 27 April 2020. and Still waiting .This time I intentionally did not mention about HCA that I completed in Private college because I thought last time I got reduction in my study permit because of this study.
Updates from cic agent : they are confused because of your past application
Then I sent following documents through web form :
Letter of explanation of everything ( reason from applying early and study that did not mention in last application )
HCA letter of acceptance and transcripts.
Offer letter and transcripts of one year program that I completed on 26 April 2019
Letter of acceptance of one year program that I suppose to complete on April 27, 2020 but I already completed this on 23 December 2019.

About one week ago they received web form documents but until today no change in status ,your application is in process.Agent told me they are reviewing that whether you meet the eligibility or not.?

Thank you for reading and I apologizes for writing in so detail. On the basis of all these events is there any grounds for study permit extension application rejection .

Thank you and waiting for replies.

Last edited:

HarryGilll

Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone ,
Here I am explaining my case and want to know that , is there are any chances that I will get study permit extension application rejection on the basis of following things.Going to explain little bit in detail :

First entry to Canada : 22 December 2017 on student visa . I was accepted in Lambton college Toronto , in 2 year program .I got study permit that was valid from 22 December 2017 to 31 December 2019.I took withdraw from lambton college on 06 January 2018.

Moved to Alberta : Took admission in private college ( but having DLI number) in Calgary under vocational program HCA with full time status enrollment.Program duration was 08 January 2018 to 08 June 2018. I completed this study . (even it was less than 8 months , not eligible for PGWP).Gap of 82 days from completion of this study and starting of one year program in public college .I was not started work until 30 august 2018.

February 28 , 2018 : got offer letter from public college, Calgary for one year program starting in 30 august 2018 and end date 31 august 2019 . but I completed this in two semesters on 26 April 2019.

11 October 2018 : got offer letter from same college for another one year program starting from 2 may 2019 and end date April 27 , 2020 but I completed this in two semesters on 23 December 2019 and now waiting for completion letter that will come on 28 January 2020. Here I end with my study. Keep reading .......

MY MISTAKES :

23 January 2019 : Applied for study permit extension along with letter of acceptance ( confirmation fees $1500 payed mention on letter) when my study permit was already valid until December 31 , 2019 . Reason for applying so early was My first issued study permit has Ontario printed on it because It issued to me on Toronto airport.I applied for many jobs with this study permit but most of places like international airports they said because of security reasons , we can not take your application for job because your study permit do not has Alberta even you are studying in public college under Alberta . While I applied for study permit extension my lawyer missed my post diploma study that I was pursuing on that time in second semester, She said you already doing this study so there is no need to mention this study . She just mention my HCA study that I completed in Private college along with offer letter of program that was going to start on 2 may 2019 .( no enrollment letter attached) .Because of all these mistakes I got REDUCTION in my study permit and the study permit they issued me was from 23 march 2019 to 30 November 2019 ( First one was until 31 December 2019).

24 September 2019 : I applied for study permit extension along with enrollment letter of program that going to finish on 27 April 2020. and Still waiting .This time I intentionally did not mention about HCA that I completed in Private college because I thought last time I got reduction in my study permit because of this study.
Updates from cic agent : they are confused because of your past application
Then I sent following documents through web form :
Letter of explanation of everything ( reason from applying early and study that did not mention in last application )
HCA letter of acceptance and transcripts.
Offer letter and transcripts of one year program that I completed on 26 April 2019
Letter of acceptance of one year program that I suppose to complete on April 27, 2020 but I already completed this on 23 December 2019.

About one week ago they received web form documents but until today no change in status ,your application is in process.Agent told me they are reviewing that whether you meet the eligibility or not.?

Thank you for reading and I apologizes for writing in so detail. On the basis of all these events is there any grounds for study permit extension application rejection .

Thank you and waiting for replies.
Hey so did your permit got extended?

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..