+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can someone explain this?!

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
I've been doing some research, however I'm still confused.

I know there are 3 types of removal orders, the first being a Departure Order where if the person subject to a departure order complies with the order within 30 days of when it comes into force, then the person will not face exclusion from Canada and could seek to return at any time as long as they comply with the normal visa requirements for nationals of their country. - Does this apply to over stayers? If you come back to Canada will you just be asked the general questions?

The exclusion order where the person subject to an Exclusion Order will be excluded from Canada between one and five years. But you are able to return to Canada? After a year (or 5) has passed subject to normal questioning again?

But what if you just overstayed, but were never issued any one of the removal orders and still stay outside of Canada for more than one year? After that year are you simply asked the normal regular questions?

I ask this because there is so much contradiction with people saying that when they tried to come back to Canada after an overstay even after years passed they still got turned away!? Why would there be information saying they may return subject to "normal" regulations and as long as they comply with their country? My country is the UK.. So i'd be returning with no visa only eTA.

I simply don't want to go confident I'll be allowed in, then turned away due to all of this information that seems really contradicting to me, I know it's up to the discretion of the person at POE but still.. This is confusing..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've been doing some research, however I'm still confused.

I know there are 3 types of removal orders, the first being a Departure Order where if the person subject to a departure order complies with the order within 30 days of when it comes into force, then the person will not face exclusion from Canada and could seek to return at any time as long as they comply with the normal visa requirements for nationals of their country. - Does this apply to over stayers? If you come back to Canada will you just be asked the general questions?

The exclusion order where the person subject to an Exclusion Order will be excluded from Canada between one and five years. But you are able to return to Canada? After a year (or 5) has passed subject to normal questioning again?

But what if you just overstayed, but were never issued any one of the removal orders and still stay outside of Canada for more than one year? After that year are you simply asked the normal regular questions?

I ask this because there is so much contradiction with people saying that when they tried to come back to Canada after an overstay even after years passed they still got turned away!? Why would there be information saying they may return subject to "normal" regulations and as long as they comply with their country? My country is the UK.. So i'd be returning with no visa only eTA.

I simply don't want to go confident I'll be allowed in, then turned away due to all of this information that seems really contradicting to me, I know it's up to the discretion of the person at POE but still.. This is confusing..
No one here can tell you what questions CBSA will ask, nor can we tell you if you will be granted entry or not. Either you take the chance and travel to Canada or you don't.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
There are no "normal" regulations that apply to everyone, every case is unique and all traveler's can expect to be turned away if the officers are not satisfied of their intention or believe they might overstay their visa.

However if you have compelling reasons to come to Canada they may issue you a travel record.