+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can somebody asses my writing task 2 and give band score

rakeyan

Jul 22, 2014
Universities should take the same number of men and women in each major. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Universities should not make equal number of male and female candidate intake in each major as mandatory. However,33% reservation for female candidates should be untouched. Major selection should be based on either marks or based on student's level of interest. The intake of students for majors can be done based on few criteria like marks as said above, can request the student to write on page write stating why should he/she should be accommodated, reference from school teacher (In some cases). All above mentioned requirements are not new to us as it in practice in top universities across the world and in few universities in India. However one can question in what way these requirements is going to deal with the percentage of girl student intake. We accept that this intake criterion doesn't directly deal with gender quota but it indirectly curbs the students with weaker aspiration irrespective of gender. As the end of the day the aim of our educational system should be the quality of students produced not the quantity.
Secondly, when analysed it is proved to be evident that there are few majors that are being neglected by female candidates for example mechanical engineering, civil engineering, sports management,etc.So allocating or reserving equal number of seats for female candidates in these fields will not be fruitful and also will disappoint the aspiring male candidates. But in the contrary, Deans from IITs and IIMs say that enrollment of female candidates are increasing these years but the numbers are not proved to be substantial. Though the argument is against the equal number of seat reservation in each major for male and female candidates, we strongly support and press the need to increase the female enrolment numbers in each major.

inder009

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Canada
Hello .. You are not following proper format to write task 2

We are taught proper format for Task 2 by our instuite .
Ur ideas are gud but if u follow proper format you can score good.

Introduction paragraph (4-5) lines
Body paragraph 1 (10 -12 lines
Body paragraph 2 (10-12 lines
Conclusion 4-5 lines

Leave a single line space between every paragraph .

Keep working :)

mngr7

Jul 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-Jan 2015
IELTS Request
sent with appln
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
10-April-2015
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Inder,
can u please tell me, what do you mean by 'lines'. Is it 'sentences' or 'lines' on the answer sheet?

inder009

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Canada
I mean lines on answer sheet because by doing this i found all the task looks well organised also its normaly in between 250-280 words

Arianne*

Jul 29, 2014
inder009 said:
We are taught proper format for Task 2 by our instuite .
Ur ideas are gud but if u follow proper format you can score good.
"you can score good" !?!?!?!?! :eek:

Could you please provide the name of your institute so I can know who not to recommend?