+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can she apply for a visiting visa in her situation?

OmarMark

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Thanks for the help in advance,

I would like to send an invitation to my partner so she can apply for a visiting visa after she finishes her schooling. Problem is besides her immediate family we have no kids and she has no job there. Of course our primary fear is she'll be rejected for no strings attached however she does have a reason to go back. She is studying in the medical field and in order for her to work outside of Lebanon (where she resides) she needs to complete her colloquium from within Lebanon. Would that be enough to ensure Canada she will return back home? I've heard of many partners going on a visiting visa in order to live together for a year for the common-law sponsor and that is essentially our goal.

Thank you in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Thanks for the help in advance,

I would like to send an invitation to my partner so she can apply for a visiting visa after she finishes her schooling. Problem is besides her immediate family we have no kids and she has no job there. Of course our primary fear is she'll be rejected for no strings attached however she does have a reason to go back. She is studying in the medical field and in order for her to work outside of Lebanon (where she resides) she needs to complete her colloquium from within Lebanon. Would that be enough to ensure Canada she will return back home? I've heard of many partners going on a visiting visa in order to live together for a year for the common-law sponsor and that is essentially our goal.

Thank you in advance.
No, that is not enough. In fact a recent grad with their partner living in Canada is a hard application as it points to someone who wants to abuse the visit and not leave when their visit is over.

Reactions: OmarMark

OmarMark

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
No, that is not enough. In fact a recent grad with their partner living in Canada is a hard application as it points to someone who wants to abuse the visit and not leave when their visit is over.
Man, this is breaking our hearts. We have no idea how to get her over to Canada. We are unable to live together for a year since it's not allowed in Lebanon without marriage and we can't currently get married because in my religion I need to give the bride an X amount of money that I currently don't possess in one chunk and because these aren't "legal" issues against the law we can't use the conjugal application.