+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can proof of funds come from a Canadian account?

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
I'm filling out my Express Entry applications (FSW), and have a question regarding the "funds that I will be bringing to Canada". I previously studied in Canada under a student visa, and at that time I had opened a bank account there (savings account at one of the major banks). I never ended up closing it (it's still open), even though I left Canada five years ago. The account has more than the minimum required based on my family's size, and I don't have enough funds in my current U.S. bank account so I can't use that one. I was hoping to simply use my Canadian bank account for this application.

However, I have a worry with this: I wouldn't be "bringing" these funds to Canada, since they're already there.

Will that be an issue or is it fine to use that Canadian account for my proof of funds?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I'm filling out my Express Entry applications (FSW), and have a question regarding the "funds that I will be bringing to Canada". I previously studied in Canada under a student visa, and at that time I had opened a bank account there (savings account at one of the major banks). I never ended up closing it (it's still open), even though I left Canada five years ago. The account has more than the minimum required based on my family's size, and I don't have enough funds in my current U.S. bank account so I can't use that one. I was hoping to simply use my Canadian bank account for this application.

However, I have a worry with this: I wouldn't be "bringing" these funds to Canada, since they're already there.

Will that be an issue or is it fine to use that Canadian account for my proof of funds?
Yes you can use the Canadian bank account for POF.

Reactions: jadecheee