+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Primary & Secondary applicant submit passport separately for Canada PR Visa Stamping?

GloballySunny

Jun 9, 2022
My situation is a bit unique & need urgent help on this, getting really tensed on this. Me (secondary applicant) has got a job in Dubai for which I have to leave on 30th June (in 3 weeks) while my wife will join me in Dubai later (almost 3 months later). Yesterday night, I have received request for passport stamping. If I send now, I'm not sure I'll get the passport back within 3 weeks thereby making my Dubai job thing risky. My question is can my wife submit her passport now for stamping (she's in no risk timeline wise) & can I do it after say 1 month in Dubai (VFS Dubai office) and get my passport stamped then? I will explain this situation to IRCC of course. But do I need to wait for their reply to what they say or do you suggest me to risk this & try this within 3 weeks until I leave (I have heard from friends they have got it within 15-17 days). Please advise, this is urgent. Writing this at 10.30 am, 9th June

GloballySunny

Jun 9, 2022
I did not. I took the risk and sent the passport for stamping. Got it back within 13 days and all is well. I suggest you don't do it seperately and do it together.

Imawanderer

Jul 4, 2022
I did not. I took the risk and sent the passport for stamping. Got it back within 13 days and all is well. I suggest you don't do it seperately and do it together.
Oh wow, that's great.
We did raise a web form explaining the scenario but haven't got a reply yet. Just the generic auto reply. But we would not be able to submit together.