+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can one Medical check be used for 2 types of immigration applications?

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
Hi there, I applied for CEC in 2009 but it's taking too long, so I applied for another immigration by family sponsorship. Family sponsorship application requires medical done first so I did and sent with my application. For CEC, if they request for my medical check later on, can they access my medical check record I sent for Family sponsorship application and use that? I really don't want to pay for another medical fee :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

turtleujin said:
Hi there, I applied for CEC in 2009 but it's taking too long, so I applied for another immigration by family sponsorship. Family sponsorship application requires medical done first so I did and sent with my application. For CEC, if they request for my medical check later on, can they access my medical check record I sent for Family sponsorship application and use that? I really don't want to pay for another medical fee :(
15. Procedure: Temporary resident and permanent resident results
Medical assessments for temporary residents and permanent residents may not be used
interchangeably. An applicant who is medically inadmissible as a permanent resident may be
admissible as a temporary resident. The reverse may also be true, if the temporary resident's
medical condition improves between applications. Officers must request a review of the medical
examination by CIC medical staff before issuing a visa to an individual who was medically
examined under a different category.
If an applicant changes categories and has undergone a medical examination under another
category, officers should do the following:
• If the first examination was less than a year earlier, a medical officer may review the existing
results for the new category.
• If the medical examination took place more than a year earlier, the officer will issue
instructions for a new examination.
• An officer may ask a medical officer to review the examination of temporary residents with
valid medical results who apply as permanent residents.
Applicants are responsible for informing a visa office if they applied previously in a different
category. This includes applications in Canada for extensions of status. They must state where
they applied and the file number.
Officers should double-check that a medical assessment has been done using the correct
temporary resident or permanent resident category.