+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Spouse 10 year UK Ban affect our express entry application

taylav

Jun 3, 2018
Hi,

I would like to apply for the Express Entry program and be the main applicant but my spouse recently got a 10 year UK Ban due to an omission in his application. Would this deter our chances of getting selected??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I would like to apply for the Express Entry program and be the main applicant but my spouse recently got a 10 year UK Ban due to an omission in his application. Would this deter our chances of getting selected??
Probably not. You will have to declare it in the application form however.

taylav

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks Zardoz. I guess we have to indicate in the application that he got a 10 year ban from the UK right? Since I am the main applicant, do you think it is advisable to go ahead with the application?

taylav

Jun 3, 2018
Or better still would it be preferable that I apply alone without him then file for him after I get the PR?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Or better still would it be preferable that I apply alone without him then file for him after I get the PR?
If you are married or common-law, you only have the option to select accompanying or non-accompanying for your spouse. They have to be included in the application regardless, and pass both medical and background checks. You can't remove them from your application completely.

taylav

Jun 3, 2018
If you are married or common-law, you only have the option to select accompanying or non-accompanying for your spouse. They have to be included in the application regardless, and pass both medical and background checks. You can't remove them from your application completely.
Okay thanks. Do you think its worth giving it a trial?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Okay thanks. Do you think its worth giving it a trial?
You have nothing to lose. Your application must be scrupulously honest in every detail however. IRCC will almost certainly go over it with more attention to detail than normal.

Dhyom

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Same is mine case. My husband was banned from Canada for 2 years for misrepresentation however now the ban is over and I'm thinking to apply as main applicant but I'm worried if it will affect now?

tywizzle

Jan 6, 2018
Same is mine case. My husband was banned from Canada for 2 years for misrepresentation however now the ban is over and I'm thinking to apply as main applicant but I'm worried if it will affect now?
Please go ahead and apply. be totally honest about the bans in all areas and give full information.

Reactions: Dhyom

Hayaam

Jun 7, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hello dear, can i get to know what happened to your application? As i am in the same situation. Should i proceed or not? Help plz

Hayaam

Jun 7, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi,

So whats ur update?