+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Canada PR get refused if non-accompanying child cannot get police clearance and medical?

DesiAMalik007

May 28, 2024
I work/live in Canada and applied for PR as non express entry PNP candidate. I received AOR and my file was sent to local IRCC office for further processing. I am going through divorce with my wife (she lives in India) since 2 years and the divorce petition is taking a long time due to non-cooperation by her, and there is no clarity on how long it might take to get a divorce decree.

IRCC sent an email asking that my child undergo medical and police clearance even though I mentioned that I do not have access to them. My (x)wife is listed as "NOT accompanying" in my PR application, however, my child is listed in my PR file as non-accompanying. I live with my common-law spouse in Canada and she is my "accompanying spouse" in my PR file.

I did mention in my PR file that I do not have access to my child because they live with their mother in India and I really have no access to them. I have NO contact with them (both (x)wife and child) because they have completely cut-off any and all contact with me since around 2-3 years. My (x)wife also changed houses so I cannot locate them and cannot visit our child. In other words, she actually kidnapped my child from me and used her family influence and government contacts to ruin me and disband our child from seeing each other.

I already had submitted to IRCC a copy of my divorce petition and child custody petition. However, IRCC sent an email asking that my child undergo medical and police clearance. My child recently turned 18yrs but it is likely that her mother manipulated, alienated and turned her against me because they have not contacted me since 2-3 years, and I can not contact them for reasons mentioned earlier.

Having said so, what should I reply back to IRCC's email asking for my child's medical and police certificate? Could it lead to rejection of my PR if I cannot get these?
Please advise. Many thanks in advance.