+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can IRCC detect fake asylum claims?

targe

Jun 28, 2024
I have just seen two people (on PGWP) who have anonymously posted about pretending to be gay to claim refugee status. they are going to marry each other and pretend to be gay. is there any chance of that being accepted? i have friends who are gay and genuinely fear for their lives. i am gay.

it breaks my heart to see people pretending to be lgbt to make a mockery of my community. it makes me angry to see people cheating and lying into a country i worked so hard to get PR in. can anyone offer any insight into how IRCC vet this?

i know they spent a lot on their education but damn, admit your defeat and go home. not this.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have just seen two people (on PGWP) who have anonymously posted about pretending to be gay to claim refugee status. they are going to marry each other and pretend to be gay. is there any chance of that being accepted? i have friends who are gay and genuinely fear for their lives. i am gay.

it breaks my heart to see people pretending to be lgbt to make a mockery of my community. it makes me angry to see people cheating and lying into a country i worked so hard to get PR in. can anyone offer any insight into how IRCC vet this?

i know they spent a lot on their education but damn, admit your defeat and go home. not this.
There's always some chance they may be approved. Feel free to report them to IRCC for immigration fraud.