+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can IRCC/CIC check my bank account?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Can IRCC/CIC find out if I have an undisclosed bank account or how many bank accounts I have if I don’t provide them account details at all.
For example, I have two bank accounts, one in Kotak Mahindra and the other one in HDFC..
If I only provide them statements and proof of funds from HDFC bank account, and not provide them any details of my Kotak bank account, would they be able to find out about my Kotak bank account?

I am concerned regarding this because I have a student loan which I don’t want them to know.

Thanks in advance.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

Can IRCC/CIC find out if I have an undisclosed bank account or how many bank accounts I have if I don’t provide them account details at all.
For example, I have two bank accounts, one in Kotak Mahindra and the other one in HDFC..
If I only provide them statements and proof of funds from HDFC bank account, and not provide them any details of my Kotak bank account, would they be able to find out about my Kotak bank account?

I am concerned regarding this because I have a student loan which I don’t want them to know.

Thanks in advance.
Not really

But surely they can ask for POF during PR, and at landing at port of entry, as long as you can keep the required cash untouched 6 months prior to your application till landing then you rock and welcome to Canada.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply
No problem
Still i have to say i don't know whether student loan would apear in your education documents or other documents that YOU submit yourself,
meaning if you are not telling about it careful not to submit a document that indicates you have student loan.

Other wise they won't circulate to banks if you have loans or seek private information they cannot do that. Though They may want to verify the bank statement you submitted like only asking the bank some how " is this document valid?"

GL

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
No problem
Still i have to say i don't know whether student loan would apear in your education documents or other documents that YOU submit yourself,
meaning if you are not telling about it careful not to submit a document that indicates you have student loan.

Other wise they won't circulate to banks if you have loans or seek private information they cannot do that. Though They may want to verify the bank statement you submitted like only asking the bank some how " is this document valid?"

GL
Appreciate your thoughts.. Thanks again.