+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I withdraw my citizenship application and apply again?

skylar1218

Feb 24, 2020
Hi, currently I am invited for the Oath in December this year. However, I am having 2nd thought on getting the Canadian citizenship since I will have to give up my current citizenship (I know I should have thought about it earlier =/ ). If I withdraw my application now, can I apply it again? And if I apply it again in the future, with the CIC deny my application because I withdraw my previous application or any other reason?

Thanks.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, currently I am invited for the Oath in December this year. However, I am having 2nd thought on getting the Canadian citizenship since I will have to give up my current citizenship (I know I should have thought about it earlier =/ ). If I withdraw my application now, can I apply it again? And if I apply it again in the future, with the CIC deny my application because I withdraw my previous application or any other reason?

Thanks.
You can withdraw the application and there will not be any consequences. You can reapply in future.

Reactions: baimmeb

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Thanks.
If you withdrew your application successfully (it could be denied), then I believe you should be fine, as long as you meet the requirements again, but for the 5 years eligibility period immediately prior to the submission of your new application. In the withdrawal form, you can find more details.

Reactions: skylar1218