+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit my home country after submitting documents requested in ITA(will I have to resubmit PCC)

ayush.agarwal

Jul 27, 2022
When I am applying for PR within Canada, and got the ITA. After receiving ITA I submitted all the documents and a month later I wanted to travel to my home country for personal reasons. Due to me visiting my home country post document submission which includes PCC, will that affect my application in any way?
Also, what happens if I receive my COPR when I am in my home country does that change anything?

Tamseel

Dec 3, 2021
Hey,
After you get your AOR your account is locked and the IRCC might not know about your travel, it is completely fine to travel back home. One of my friends was in the same situation as you and he got the portal request when he was in India as soon as he got it he traveled back to Canada and then got his landing done.

This is just intended to help you.

ayush.agarwal

Jul 27, 2022
Hey Tamseel, thanks for the prompt reply. Pardon my ignorance, when you say portal request, what is the portal request for?
1. Submission of document
2. Request for Copr

Also, in addition, how long do I have to report back to Canada. if I take close to a month is that an issue? Just covering my worst-case scenario.