+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I use medical exam from spousal sponsorship?

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
I have a question, and I am not quite sure where to ask it? My husband and I are applying for Spousal sponsorship. He is from Jamaica, and I am from Canada and I am sponsoring him. The process can take up to 16 months, and in the mean time I would like him to come to visit me. So, we are going to apply for a temporary resident visa(visitor visa). One of the requirements for the visitor visa is to do a medical. I am just wondering if we have already done the medical for the spousal visa, if we have to do it again for the visitor visa? It has been less than a year since he completed the original medical for spousal. If anyone knows the answer to this.. please let me know!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

longdistanceloves said:
I have a question, and I am not quite sure where to ask it? My husband and I are applying for Spousal sponsorship. He is from Jamaica, and I am from Canada and I am sponsoring him. The process can take up to 16 months, and in the mean time I would like him to come to visit me. So, we are going to apply for a temporary resident visa(visitor visa). One of the requirements for the visitor visa is to do a medical. I am just wondering if we have already done the medical for the spousal visa, if we have to do it again for the visitor visa? It has been less than a year since he completed the original medical for spousal. If anyone knows the answer to this.. please let me know!
No, the spousal medical should be fine. Whether he gets a TRV is another question.