+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use a couple as my passport references?

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
The two people who have known me the longest in Canada (over 15 years) are Canadian citizens but also a couple who live together. Can I use them as my two references?

Also, just to absolutely confirm this.. can my guarantor be my wife? It seems like she can but just confirming.

Also, my references know me well but we don't see much of each other these days (they live elsewhere in Canada). Is that a problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The two people who have known me the longest in Canada (over 15 years) are Canadian citizens but also a couple who live together. Can I use them as my two references?

Also, just to absolutely confirm this.. can my guarantor be my wife? It seems like she can but just confirming.

Also, my references know me well but we don't see much of each other these days (they live elsewhere in Canada). Is that a problem?
1. Yes your references can be a couple. FYI - You don’t need to have people who have known you the longest.
2. Yes it can be a family members as long as your wife meets requirements. Says so right in the link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Reactions: jmomcc and iceman55