+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I update my express entry profile after getting ITA

susu1250

May 2, 2016
hi guys,

I was confused about when I started university. I came to canada in august 2009 but classes officially started in september 2009. on my express entry profile I put august. I got my ITA. am I able to change the month from august to september now? please advise asap. thanks a lot!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
susu1250 said:
hi guys,

I was confused about when I started university. I came to canada in august 2009 but classes officially started in september 2009. on my express entry profile I put august. I got my ITA. am I able to change the month from august to september now? please advise asap. thanks a lot!
As far as I know, you cannot update your Express Entry profile after you have got an ITA.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hi susu1250,

You can try to edit your EE profile now. If it fails, you can always write a letter of explanation to clarify your case.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
If points are not affected, the why do you suggest that an applicant cannot update his/her profile, with a LOE?
Just curious, as I removed my work history and uploaded, primarily because I am not the primary applicant and we claimed no points for my work.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
I agree, however things like educational details are unlocked in post - ITA. Only personal information is locked. I for one, removed my work history as it was non-consequestial and also updated the city of study. There were both unlocked. So I believe the OP can make changes to his educational profile.

This is mu humble opinion, I am no expert. Looking to hear from you.

Dipa0002017

Jan 14, 2017
Hi dan_and,
I need a urgent help & information. Is it possible to edit my last name and number of family members after receiving ITA.mistakenly I wrote my full name in place of my last name. This is my mistake. Now I m not sure whether I ll be able to change it during final APR submission.
Please give ur expert opinion. Should I decline ITA and correct it or I can edit it at the time of final application submit.
Please help me.it is urgent.

Thanks in advance.
Dipa

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
I received an ITA after submitting my Express Entry profile. I am primary applicant , However, I realized that I had made an error in the Accompanying, Express Entry Spouse Form - 'Study and language'->official language section-can XXX communicate in English/French? and mistakenly I answered 'neither' instead of Yes as my spouse can communicate in English.
(PS:I am not using spouse language test points)

What do I do? shall I answer this question as ‘Yes’ in post ITA form while submitting PR application.

appreciate quick response.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
one more query , Mates please help , time is passing

when it says First Name(s) it is asking for ‘first and middle name’. I forgot to put in my middle name in my whole profile (EE profile before ITA), however, and it's a locked field now; if I can't edit pre-ITA form now, in POST ITA form i have update my first name as 'First name middle name' using Modify family information, I can see its updated first name in Post ITA form, But it did not updated in Pre-ITA form .
will it create any problem? how do i deal with this situation? appreciate your help

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
sam_vir said:

when it says First Name(s) it is asking for ‘first and middle name’. I forgot to put in my middle name in my whole profile (EE profile before ITA), however, and it's a locked field now; if I can't edit pre-ITA form now, in POST ITA form i have update my first name as 'First name middle name' using Modify family information, I can see its updated first name in Post ITA form, But it did not updated in Pre-ITA form .
will it create any problem? how do i deal with this situation? appreciate your help

Too many mistakes ! I bet you have more mistakes than these.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
sam_vir said:

I don't get post and pre ITA forms.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
No , i see these two discrepancy , I have revisited it with very carefully now, thing is i got the ITA immediately after creating Profile. didn't get to second chance to review it.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
PRE-ITA - (information provided in express entry profile) , Post ITA (form/information need to update after we get the ITA)

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
sam_vir said:
No , i see these two discrepancy , I have revisited it with very carefully now, thing is i got the ITA immediately after creating Profile. didn't get to second chance to review it.
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their Express Entry profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times.

Candidates’ Express Entry profile is automatically “locked” when they are issued an ITA. Candidates can only revise their profile information if they formally decline the ITA through their online account; however, their information may be updated in their APR. When a candidate declines an ITA, they are automatically returned to the pool and will be able to update their profile information, as they wait for a new ITA.

If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile, on the basis of which they were issued an ITA, is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score using the Express Entry calculator on the IRCC website. Examples of changes in circumstance that can impact a CRS score are listed below.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR (i.e., the candidate must amend the information that was automatically transferred from their profile to their APR before submitting their application).

As per the Express Entry Ministerial Instructions, candidates are encouraged to decline an ITA if their change in circumstance negatively impacts their eligibility such that they no longer meet the MEC of the federal immigration program to which they were invited to apply, or if their recalculated CRS score falls below the lowest ranked candidate in their round of invitations. Applicants who cannot provide proof of the information provided in their profile, on the basis of which they were invited to apply, will be refused on section A11.2 and assessed for misrepresentation. Cost recovery fees will not be refunded.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
In my case its not lowering the score and post ITA , i can amend the information correctly. if i explain it in LOE then am i good to submit.
appreciate your views and thanks for all helpful comment.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
Hi amdavadi,
I would appreciate your view , shall i go ahead with LOE?
Thanks in advance
+1 for you