+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I switch over from my eTA to a study permit?

Oct 31, 2019
So I want to visit canada for a couple months and look around. I also applied to a college there that I like. If I get accepted can I apply for my study permit from within canada (I'm Mexican) or will I have to leave and apply?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So I want to visit canada for a couple months and look around. I also applied to a college there that I like. If I get accepted can I apply for my study permit from within canada (I'm Mexican) or will I have to leave and apply?
You would have to submit a study permit app outside of Canada. If approved, you would have to leave Canada and re-enter to activate the permit. Also note that being in Canada when you apply lowers your chances of approval, as it shows less ties to your home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on your previous posts you have a wife and children. Where are they living while you are travelling around Canada deciding whether to apply for school? Are you not employed?

Oct 31, 2019
Based on your previous posts you have a wife and children. Where are they living while you are travelling around Canada deciding whether to apply for school? Are you not employed?
No, my wife works and lives in the united states. I already went ahead and applied to the school I like but would like to spend sometime in the area and look around. My wife will only be a 4 hour drive away. Shes american.