+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I remove my non point claiming previous work experience in future process of express entry while I'm currently in the ONIP process?

Jan96

Feb 22, 2024
Background: I enrolled in the express entry pool in April 4, 2023. I received notification of interest HCP stream from Ontario last Dec and had my application submitted Jan 23, 2024.

Now I'm in the OINP assessment phase and my EE profile expires in April 4, 2024, so I expect my EE profile will expire before I get the nomination. Therefore, when my EE profile expires, I will need to create a new one and notify the Ontario office. I was wondering if it's possible to remove a previous job experience for which I don't claim points when I create my new EE file once it expires?

In my ONIP application I did include that experience and provided supporting documents for it. However, I don't think the job decription matchs perfectly with the noc code I picked (couldn't find one closer tho) , so I wanted to remove this work history in my future application just in case there are risks associated with the noc code un matching, since I'm not claiming any points for this experience.

Question 1: Is it possible to do so as my current EE profile and ONIP application has this in the work history?

Question 2: If I can't do so, will it be a problem with the noc code unmatching if I'm not claiming any points for this job? It's a previous job from 4+years ago...

Thanks!