+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I move to another province while waiting for AOR?

daniyu

Jan 17, 2017
Hello all,

I have posted another topic earlier today but something has just changed. I applied for AINP and now waiting to receive my AOR. My visa is expiring in March (very tight I know).

Now just couple hours my boyfriend (who is a citizen) has just received a job offer from a company based in Vancouver, BC.
My question is is,
1. Can we apply common law and obtain my work permit when he will be in BC on the first week on Feb?
2. If my AOR comes in time and I apply for an open work permit after that, will it be okay if I move to Vancouver afterwards?
3.Will my AINP get denied because I'm no longer in Alberta?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
daniyu said:
Hello all,

I have posted another topic earlier today but something has just changed. I applied for AINP and now waiting to receive my AOR. My visa is expiring in March (very tight I know).

Now just couple hours my boyfriend (who is a citizen) has just received a job offer from a company based in Vancouver, BC.
My question is is,
1. Can we apply common law and obtain my work permit when he will be in BC on the first week on Feb?
2. If my AOR comes in time and I apply for an open work permit after that, will it be okay if I move to Vancouver afterwards?
3.Will my AINP get denied because I'm no longer in Alberta?
1. You can do that, however that type of work permit is only available through paper application, which results a much longer processing time(3+ months)
2. It's hard to say, since you have AINP but you moved to BC.
3. One thing that CIC will evaluate is the intention to live the province that nominates you permanently, if you actually move to BC and don't inform CIC that you changed your address, that may cause misrepresentation if you are unlucky.
But if you update your address to BC then CIC may refuse your application base on this fact.