+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I modify my EE profile after receiving ITA?

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I entered up to 5 years of work ex in my EE profile and got points for it and got the ITA yesterday. Now I'm not sure about getting work ex letter from one of my employers, which will get my work ex down to 2 years and also my points. However, my points will still be well over the cutoff of 431. Can I modify my EE profile now or will it lead to it being put back into the pool?

If I can't modify it, I will leave it as is and try hook and crook over the next 3 months to get that letter!

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huckingfell said:
Guys, any answers?
I believe once you receive ITA, your profile gets locked. Which means you need to provide documentation for everything claimed in your profile at the time you received ITA. You could decline the invitation which would put you back into the pool, at which point you can modify your profile and wait for the next round of invitations (if you're confident your new CRS will likely be over the projected cutoff for the next draw). I'm sure there are other options and I'll let the more knowledgeable members of this forum to weigh in.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
huckingfell said:
I entered up to 5 years of work ex in my EE profile and got points for it and got the ITA yesterday. Now I'm not sure about getting work ex letter from one of my employers, which will get my work ex down to 2 years and also my points. However, my points will still be well over the cutoff of 431. Can I modify my EE profile now or will it lead to it being put back into the pool?

If I can't modify it, I will leave it as is and try hook and crook over the next 3 months to get that letter!
Try to get the work ex letter first. If not successful, you can put together your offer letter, pay stub, tax documents along with a notarized letter from an ex colleague or manager about the job responsibilities. Just use the combination of above letters so that you have all the necessary information.

I read a post recently where a PR application was rejected because the job letter did not mention the duties and responsibilities. So keep that in mind.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huckingfell said:

If this is the only reason, then no need to decline or change profile. Try to get the letter. Any senior colleague could write you one. Let it be on a company's letter head stating your duties and responsibilities in the job. 90 is heck of a time to arrange such a thing.

- If you have a good score without claiming scores for experience 1
and
- you know you will waste time without getting one (which does not seems reasonable)
and
in 3 months the cut off might go beyond your expectation,

you might consider declining this invitation, come back to pool and modify this.

Good luck.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
gailmargolis said:
I believe once you receive ITA, your profile gets locked. Which means you need to provide documentation for everything claimed in your profile at the time you received ITA. You could decline the invitation which would put you back into the pool, at which point you can modify your profile and wait for the next round of invitations (if you're confident your new CRS will likely be over the projected cutoff for the next draw). I'm sure there are other options and I'll let the more knowledgeable members of this forum to weigh in.
The reason why I asked this is because I proceeded with filling up forms today, and there is still the work history section which I believe I can still modify. Just wanted to know if I modify that will my ITA disappear?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
huckingfell said:
The reason why I asked this is because I proceeded with filling up forms today, and there is still the work history section which I believe I can still modify. Just wanted to know if I modify that will my ITA disappear?
Your ITA will not disappear. You are allowed to make changes.

Here is the excerpt from the ITA itself.

Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.

WARNING: If you decide to apply in the above cases, your application may be refused and your application fee
will not be returned.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Your ITA will not disappear. You are allowed to make changes.

Here is the excerpt from the ITA itself.

Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.

WARNING: If you decide to apply in the above cases, your application may be refused and your application fee
will not be returned.
Thanks a lot Maverick! Guess I missed this in my letter :D

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
So suppose I delete it from my work history. But I still include it in my personal history because I was actually working during that period. There will be a mismatch then between work and personal history, will it be a problem?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huckingfell said:
So suppose I delete it from my work history. But I still include it in my personal history because I was actually working during that period. There will be a mismatch then between work and personal history, will it be a problem?
Just to address your threats, don't worry, This is not considered as a misrepresentation. You are (Y) to go. Good luck !

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA after submitting my Express Entry profile. I am primary applicant , However, I realized that I had made an error in the Accompanying, Express Entry Spouse Form - 'Study and language'->official language section-can XXX communicate in English/French? and mistakenly I answered 'neither' instead of 'Yes' as my spouse can communicate in English.

(PS:I am not using spouse language test points)

What do I do? shall I answer this question as ‘Yes’ in post ITA form while submitting PR application.

appreciate quick response.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_vir said:
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA after submitting my Express Entry profile. I am primary applicant , However, I realized that I had made an error in the Accompanying, Express Entry Spouse Form - 'Study and language'->official language section-can XXX communicate in English/French? and mistakenly I answered 'neither' instead of 'Yes' as my spouse can communicate in English.

(PS:I am not using spouse language test points)

What do I do? shall I answer this question as ‘Yes’ in post ITA form while submitting PR application.

appreciate quick response.
Hi Sam
No problem with that. Since your ITA score does not change by saying yes !!.

However, I still wonder as far as I remember ,if you say yes to this question system will ask you for IELTS score. If it does not ask you are good to go!

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_vir said:
just one more question - do i need provide any LOE for this?
You could always put couple of lines, telling them that this happened unintentionally, and changing this option does not affect your score. So you found the opportunity to correct this mistake, and you thought it is important to keep CIC officers updated.

Thats it.
Good luck