+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Get My File Number Before My PGWP Expires? Help Needed!

C_Mollissima

Mar 31, 2022
Good evening guys, I have been living in Alberta for 6 years, still struggling with the PR application.

My situation is a little bit complicated. I was qualified for CEC application last August with a score of 448, right before the CEC stopped drawing. And I just landed a new gig (was not planning to but I was discriminated by coworkers and It ended up ugly because no punishment was made for those terrible people and I was not protected by union so I had to leave) in Jan this year, to qualify AOS, I need to wait until July; however, my work permit expires on Feb 17, 2023.

I am just wondering how long it takes to get file number for obtaining Bridge Work Permit if I go AOS? I only have 6 months before my PGWP expires. If I cannot get my file number by choosing AOS in time what should I do?

What makes it worse is that CEC never start drawing. Even if it starts I don't think 448 is an impressive score to be selected (Trying to work on IELTS to improve my socre already.) Tbh I am kinda desperate and I really need your opinions. Thank you in advance!!!! @_@