+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter Express Entry pool while on Study Permit?

Oct 25, 2021
Hi Samaritans,
My current CRS score is 471. Seeing it was a long shot when the scores were above 510, I got admission in Humber College for 1 year. Post which I will get 1 year PGWP.
This would have boosted my score to 526 points. (not to tell me about occupation based future draws, I already know that. It's still a shot I took)
However with the current consecutive draws and current scores at 489-490, I want to take the chance of entering the Express Entry.
I have already received my visa for May 23 Intake.
Can I still apply for Express Entry. Would that create any conflicts of interest. I will enter Canada by 20th April.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Samaritans,
My current CRS score is 471. Seeing it was a long shot when the scores were above 510, I got admission in Humber College for 1 year. Post which I will get 1 year PGWP.
This would have boosted my score to 526 points. (not to tell me about occupation based future draws, I already know that. It's still a shot I took)
However with the current consecutive draws and current scores at 489-490, I want to take the chance of entering the Express Entry.
I have already received my visa for May 23 Intake.
Can I still apply for Express Entry. Would that create any conflicts of interest. I will enter Canada by 20th April.
Yes.

• Love
Reactions: Aakash_Mallick