+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter as Visitor while waiting for work visa to process/approval??

JRP

Jun 14, 2014
Hi There,

Can I enter Canada as a visitor while I am waiting for my second 2 year work visa to be approved?

I'm an Australian who is currently in Australia. I lived in Canada for the last two years but have been away for a 5 months. Can I enter Canada on a visitor visa for 90 days while waiting for my work visa to be approved?

Any help hugely appreciated!

Thanks

jessan41

May 25, 2014
JRP,

I googled this as I'd like to know the same thing. The best I found was a post from last year asking the same thing on another site. They were advised not to try it. While it is okay for you to do, it raises red flags with customs and immigration. If they think that you're trying to get around the system (even if you're not) they can send you home and ban you from re-entering for up to a year, which would then screw up your work permit application.

It would appear that the facts won't matter if they perceive that you're attempting to skirt the proper channels. Doesn't seem like it would be worth the risk if coming to Canada is really important to you.

Hopefully your permit won't take long to process.

nareshg

Jun 20, 2014
dear,
i do not have confirm knowledge whether you should enter or not, but i advise you please consult with legal advisor who deals in such deeds