+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I choose to omit work experience in PR application?

Solitude828

Aug 9, 2019
I just got my ITA today with 481 points. I'm working on my PR application and documents required.

I have about 8 years of foreign work experience, 3 years of military service as an officer and 5 years in management. As I was gathering documents for my PR application, I found out that my previous company had been dissolved due to bankruptcy.

In this case, can I choose to omit work experience for this company since I already have 3 years of work experience with proof?

Thanks in advance!

ItheLord

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
I just got my ITA today with 481 points. I'm working on my PR application and documents required.

I have about 8 years of foreign work experience, 3 years of military service as an officer and 5 years in management. As I was gathering documents for my PR application, I found out that my previous company had been dissolved due to bankruptcy.

In this case, can I choose to omit work experience for this company since I already have 3 years of work experience with proof?

Thanks in advance!
Any work experience you are not claiming points for should be put in your personal history.

Reactions: Solitude828

Solitude828

Aug 9, 2019
Any work experience you are not claiming points for should be put in your personal history.
If I do so, then I should not be required to provide proof of employment, correct?

Also, would it be problematic that I claimed points for the said work experience in my EE profile but choose to omit it in my PR application? I should have more than sufficient points for the cutoff of this round which was at 466.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ItheLord

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
If I do so, then I should not be required to provide proof of employment, correct?

Also, would it be problematic that I claimed points for the said work experience in my EE profile but choose to omit it in my PR application? I should have more than sufficient points for the cutoff of this round which was at 466.

Thanks!
you are not required to provide proof for anything in your personal history. As long as you still have enough points after removing the experience, you will be fine. To be safe you can write a LOE to explain why you removed it.

Reactions: Solitude828

Solitude828

Aug 9, 2019
you are not required to provide proof for anything in your personal history. As long as you still have enough points after removing the experience, you will be fine. To be safe you can write a LOE to explain why you removed it.
Thank you so much!