+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I buy a house in Canada while living in Pakistan.

Mr. Fiddler

Feb 26, 2015
Hi all!
I need to know can I lease a house in Canada while living in Pakistan. Keep in mind I have no Residence Permit. Its all because of my future plans. So I need information regarding this subject.

Regards,

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Fiddler said:
Hi all!
I need to know can I lease a house in Canada while living in Pakistan. Keep in mind I have no Residence Permit. Its all because of my future plans. So I need information regarding this subject.

Regards,
Don't have much experience on this, however, I will advice not to FIDDLE with your finances like this before getting the actual residence permit ;-) :p

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Fiddler said:
What if I buy the house with reference to a relative already living in Canada?
I am a bit confused. Do you have any kind of credit history here in Canada? Without it, I dont think you'll be able to land a mortage. Or are you planning to buy it out on cash in one go ??? ?

What use would a house in your relative's name be to you?

Mr. Fiddler

Feb 26, 2015
I am talking about leasing a house. Reason is the dollar value is increasing with respect to the Ruppee Value. so If I lease a house and give it to a tenant, would it be a better investment than here in Pakistan. Because if it saves me 100$ pm than it is some good amount when converted to PKR. and at the end of leasing process i will have a huge value house. Any suggestions ?

Mr. Fiddler

Feb 26, 2015
Ok thanks. But are you sure If I lease a house in Canada, it would not help in boosting up my express entry process?

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
dan_and said:
I'm sure that it doesn't increase your CRS points in the human capital or skills transfer categories.

However, I am not familiar with all the provincial nomination programs. It is possible that some province or territory will treat your PNP application more favorably if you own property, but I doubt it. Head over to the PNP section of the forum and ask your question there.
If you can afford good money, then you rather apply under investor stream for permanent residence. Quebec offers PR against investment of $220,000 with no points requirements. But, read their full pre-requisites.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buying property in Canada does not help/affect the immigration application under EE (FSW, FST, Caregiver, etc etc).

goldenbowl

Feb 13, 2014
Mr. Fiddler said:
Hi all!

Regards,

SIMPLY NO except you are Canadian Permanent Resident or Citizen.

or if you like to move to Canada by investment then you can apply through Investment/ Entrepreneur Stream under Federal/ PNP... there is separate Requirements under Quebec Immigration.. check Websites of individual category to know more..

cheers..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mr. Fiddler said:
Ok thanks. But are you sure If I lease a house in Canada, it would not help in boosting up my express entry process?
Having a house in Canada won't help you with Express Entry at all.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Mr. Fiddler said:
Hi all!

Regards,
You can absolutely buy a house in Canada, regardless of your immigration status. There are no restrictions at all about foreigners investing in Canadian real estate. However, like others have opined, it will not help you in any way to obtain PR status.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just to add to this all.. seems like u r worried abt exchange rate issues.. just hedge your money or hold it in foreign currency.. simple..

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
if you want to lease on your name then it is not possible as you have no credit history in canada....
if you want someone else who is residing in Canada to get mortgage for you then it depends on his credit history if mortgage is approved or not(you wont have anything on papers with him).