+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I bring my sister from the UK over to Canada to work for me?

helkat

Jun 10, 2008
Hi everyone:

I would like to bring my 24 year old sister over from the UK to come work for me in my home based spa in Alberta. She has a 2 year old daughter and a boyfriend as dependants. Can I bring her over to work for me under my business? I am getting very busy and would like to hire an additional staff member and potentially grow my business with my family.

Thanks for any advice and help!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helkat said:
Hi everyone:

I would like to bring my 24 year old sister over from the UK to come work for me in my home based spa in Alberta. She has a 2 year old daughter and a boyfriend as dependants. Can I bring her over to work for me under my business? I am getting very busy and would like to hire an additional staff member and potentially grow my business with my family.

Thanks for any advice and help!

Ways to immigrate to Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Skilled workers and professionals
For people who want to settle and work in Canada (outside of Quebec)
Quebec-selected skilled workers
For people selected by the Quebec government to settle and work in Quebec
Canadian Experience Class
For people who have recent Canadian work experience or have graduated and recently worked in Canada
Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people
For people who want to start a business in Canada
Provincial nominees
One of Canada’s provinces or territories can nominate you to settle and work there
Sponsoring your family
How to sponsor a family member to join you here if you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen

However, in the family class the people who cannot be sponsored are:

Other relatives, such as brothers and sisters over 18, or adult independent children cannot be sponsored.
However, if they apply to immigrate under the Skilled Worker Class, they may get extra points for adaptability for having a relative in Canada.

What is the business, does your sister have specific skills?

If you want them to work here then I guess that you should be looking at an LMO http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

What you need to show with a Labour Market Opinion is:
That there is a need for the foreign worker to fill the job you offer and that there is no Canadian worker available to do the job.