+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I ask for changing the visa office abroad?

mar7oom

Jul 30, 2014
Hi gals/guys,
I am a Lebanese recently married to a Syrian.
My application to sponsor my wife was received on July 27, 2014 & I received yesterday (September 9, 2014) an email saying that the application was forwarded to Amman/Jordan for further processing.
I called cic today to ask them to send it to Beirut rather than Amman as I was in Beirut last week & we tried to travel to Jordan & I was informed that Syrians are not allowed in. The agent said she has no access & that I need to talk to the case processing center in Mississauga.
How can I contact them directly? Does anybody have any solution?
My wife is in Beirut now & it was hard for me to allow her to cross the borders & I don't want to miss the interview & other formalities... this is why I want everything to be in Beirut where she is living now...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If your application has already been sent abroad, I don't think the call centre agents will be able to help you much.
Also, I believe, unless your wife has been admitted into Beirut for one year, she wouldn't qualify to have her application processed there.
Hopefully some more senior members will be able to offer you some advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can send a letter to request a change in visa offices - however it's entirely up to CIC if they do in fact change your VO or keep it as is.

Agreed that if your wife is just in Beirut as a visitor, then CIC won't change her VO. To be processed through Beirut, she must have been admitted to Lebanon for a period of at least a year (e.g. on a student visa, work visa, permanent resident visa). So if she's just there as a visitor, forget about trying to change the VO - it won't happen because she doesn't qualify.

mar7oom

Jul 30, 2014
Thanks folks for your responses...

Actually I called a CIC agent who promised she will email me Mississauga's contact details; she never did though...

I also contacted an immigration consultant who drew my attention that it was obvious on my application that I requested an interview in Beirut but they ignored it; she said, most probably there will be no interview... bottom line, once they issue the visa, we can ask for mailing it out to Beirut... & it will take 2 to 3 weeks...

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
mar7oom said:
Hi gals/guys,
I am a Lebanese recently married to a Syrian.
My application to sponsor my wife was received on July 27, 2014 & I received yesterday (September 9, 2014) an email saying that the application was forwarded to Amman/Jordan for further processing.
I called cic today to ask them to send it to Beirut rather than Amman as I was in Beirut last week & we tried to travel to Jordan & I was informed that Syrians are not allowed in. The agent said she has no access & that I need to talk to the case processing center in Mississauga.
How can I contact them directly? Does anybody have any solution?
My wife is in Beirut now & it was hard for me to allow her to cross the borders & I don't want to miss the interview & other formalities... this is why I want everything to be in Beirut where she is living now...
You can change your mailing address and explain that your spouse have moved to Beirut,
and they will decide what to do...
Most likely they will transfer your file to Beirut....
But still, they can process her application, and that should not be a problem....

Just inform them about change of address....
in any case,
when she gets the Visa it will be sent to her,
to the address that she has provided.... and it is not relevant where is it processed...

Good luck...

mar7oom

Jul 30, 2014
Thank you Awesomeg... My concern is because Syrians are not allowed to enter Jordan nowadays, not because she is residing in Beirut...

The good thing is that my sponsorship got approved in 40 days, 16 days below the average processing time... I hope it will be the same for the remaining process...