+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply through CEC and PNP

abhishek813

Oct 29, 2011
I have applied for PR through NSNP and my application is being reviewed by NS immigration office, i want to know if i can also apply for PR through CEC?

-Abhishek

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you can.

However, once the province has accepted your application is still goes to CIC for final processing, so it may not be beneficial for you to apply to both. Why do you want to apply for both?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC currently taking anywhere from 8-12 months... Unlikely it would happen for you in under 6.

elwebmaster

Jan 7, 2013
If you look at the other threads in this forum I think you will answer your question. Go ahead and apply for BOTH if you can. With PNP first you need to get the province certificate, once you get it it's up to you to decide if you want to continue with the process (by sending it to CIC) or not to use it. Based on how far your CEC application has gotten, you can decide how to proceed. But don't expect CEC to be done in 6 months...that's what I thought too when I applied...almost 12 months and counting...

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My good friend got PNP certificate from BC in under 2 months, applied for PR and got MR after just 2 months this January. So, based on his timeline and given you have your company ready to apply for PNP for you - go for it by all means!
PS. It may take longer time to get PNP certificate from Ontario but the CIC processing is definitely expedited relative to any other stream.