+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply on Quebec Job offer with positive LMO

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Hi,

Please can you guide me that can I apply on Quebec job offer with positive LMO.
And can I show my intent to settle in another province than quebec in application.

Will it work .. please share your comments

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Yes you can. Many people have done so and got ITAs. Example of those applying for CEC, the requirement is for them to show INTENT of living outside of Quebec.

So for some body who currently has a QC job, it might be difficult to convince CIC latter about their plans to move out of province unless they find another job or they have a unique scenario e.g. their employer has office outside of Quebec or on the border where they could LIVE outside of QC but still work there. There are possibilities.

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
fkl said:
Yes you can. Many people have done so and got ITAs. Example of those applying for CEC, the requirement is for them to show INTENT of living outside of Quebec.

So for some body who currently has a QC job, it might be difficult to convince CIC latter about their plans to move out of province unless they find another job or they have a unique scenario e.g. their employer has office outside of Quebec or on the border where they could LIVE outside of QC but still work there. There are possibilities.

Thanks for the information. Can we convince with response that once I get the PR then there are many opportunities in other provinces & I would be able to secure a job soon. And since as of now I have valid Work Permit in Quebec so atleast till my WP is valid I can work in Quebec then I would be moving to another province.

Would it work ?

Frankly speaking if we get PR then there are many opportunities in canada , only problem is LMO & Work permit.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
royale_ys said:
Thanks for the information. Can we convince with response that once I get the PR then there are many opportunities in other provinces & I would be able to secure a job soon. And since as of now I have valid Work Permit in Quebec so atleast till my WP is valid I can work in Quebec then I would be moving to another province.

Would it work ?

Frankly speaking if we get PR then there are many opportunities in canada , only problem is LMO & Work permit.
You are most welcome. Yes you CAN convince though often it depends upon how solid evidence you were able to provide AND also on individual visa officer.

The way it used to work for CEC was that an application who is working and applied from quebec for say CEC would receive a letter to prove intent of moving outside of Quebec AFTER he is done with medicals.

Because that is way passed even receiving AOR, they at the very least start the process in the mean time. Often the evidence they submit consist of interview attempts i.e. proof that you tried and interviewed with companies outside of QC. At other times i have seen people moving their residence (technically after AOR you can apply for say Ontario heath card - as stated on ontario health website).

So a combination of any of these would work. The best way is to proactively search for jobs and have an offer when the time comes for CIC to raise this question.

Once you get a job offer, just update it in your profile.

It is slightly tricky though and there is a possibility of things going wrong. However, there have been people who have done it even with the case that they never moved out of quebec because they didn't get a job outside, while received their PR.

But this is no guarantee that latter subsequent CIC officers are obliged to follow.

Bottom line is that there is a requirement for "showing intent to live" which is obviously lesser than HAVING MOVED ALREADY. How rigid or flexible a visa officer could be with that is on a case to case basis. My personal conclusion is that once you put at least one detailed plan with enough evidence to have the ground covered, you should get it.

E.g. if you have family, move them close to the approval of PR out of the province - to show you are just waiting for getting a job outside.