+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply ..Need guidance from seniors

QShz

Oct 13, 2010
Respected members.

I need your guidance. I am working in Foreign Country's Consulate General here in Canada in NOC 2281 with visa category of official visa, My question is that, am I fall in Canadian Experience class with 2 years experience NOC 2281 experience.
I am not paying any taxes as I am foreign country worker, working in Consulate general, Do I need to submit T4 or T4A form.

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
more importantly, what is your country of origin and how can i immigrate there? would it be faster through you?

i kidd, seriously, you may have some issues immigrating, since you are technically not working in canada, and you use official passports. wait for jes_on, she/he probably knows the answer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well, I thought I knew but can't seem to find any supporting documents :)

I would have thought the answer was "no" for the reason that embassies/consulates are technically foreign soil, therefore you are not technically working in Canada (even if you are living in Canada). But, I cannot find anything that states that or excludes that experience - you have the proper authorizations to live and work here, and the work experience is skilled, so...

BUT PLEASE DO NOTE: You need a regular passport to apply for PR. Also, I don't think you can apply WHILE you are working there. See the following, from the OP1, p. 46:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

16. Procedure: Applications from diplomatic, consular and official personnel

If an application for permanent residence is received from anyone with diplomatic, consular or
official status in Canada, officers should notify Diplomatic Corps Services (XDC) in the Office of
Protocol, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, and provide XDC with the name
and position of the applicant.

Applicants must be advised that, as well as meeting all other requirements for visa issuance, they
must:

• prove their missions informed XDC that their assignment is over and that XDC cancelled their
official acceptance; and

• obtain an ordinary passport.

If applicants cannot prove their visa office has notified XDC of the change in their status, they may
submit proof of cancellation of official acceptance alone.