+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for dependants

Srini2010

Aug 24, 2010
Hi,

I am planning for a Post Graduate Diploma ( 1yr Full time) management course in Canada. I have about 12+ years of work experience. I am married and have 2 kids (7 and 3 yrs). Here are my questions:

1. Can I apply for dependant visa for my wife and kids? What the chances of getting through?
2. Can the dependant spouse work full time? My wife is a post-graduate and is a professor in English.

Thanks,
Srini2010

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hi Srini,

1. Yes you can apply for a dependent visa for your spouse and kids
2. the spouse is eligible to get a Open Work Permit

Flipside : If you apply for a visa along with your study permit, the chances of it being approved are very very slim. Make sure you dont apply together. having your kids and wife in India is a good way of showing "ties to home country" and Intention to return. so your permit will get approved without probs.

in my personal opinion, you should ideally get them a TRV to come visit you sometime in the holidays and get them to return back home after the visit. Having effectively demonstrated that they were just visiting, you can get them another trip later and extend for long.

Or another idea is to apply after you are done with your course. Problem is for them to prove that they will return to home country after the visit. Leave letters from employer and school will help but cant be too sure.

ps: teaching is a regulated profession and ur wife would have to get some additional processes done to be able to teach. chk it up,